Pixtunes is a Berlin-based deep-tech startup with the goal of introducing a completely new entertainment technology to the world of consumer electronics that will change the way people perceive their own reality in everyday life. We are design-oriented visionaries who hope to create experiences that go far beyond what people have ever encountered before. Our vision for a new kind of music has led us to invent a revolution that we can proudly call our own — a technology that transforms existing music formats and entertainment systems to a whole new level. From the individual consumer to global markets, our goal is to provide everyone with their own unique soundtrack for their lives. An intense experience like in the cinema, only it is drawn from your own reality, accompanied by ground-breaking music and sound.
As a full-stack developer you produce high-quality code and are passionate about scalable and performant frontend and backend architectures. You are experienced at working in an agile environment and enjoy solving technical challenges, such low-latency audio transmission, performance and scalability. You’ll be part of a small team that is dedicated to build beautiful, well-performing applications that integrate our core product and deliver a unique, immersive user experience. Therefore, it is important that you bring an engineering mindset and that you are a self-starter. Your general software design and implementation skills and fluency in TypeScript are very important to us, as you’ll be working both on well-structured code bases that are meant to stay, but also build new prototypes from scratch.
In return you will have the opportunity to shape your work environment and responsibilities to a great extent and collaborate with inspiring and fun people that love what they’re doing. We are an international team of empathetic creatives and engineers from different backgrounds that share a passion for immersive auditive experiences. You will be working closely with designers, audio experts and management to enable the future platform of adaptive music.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
● Implement and improve visual and auditive frontend features in our React apps
● Respond quickly to revisions and the ability to quickly realize UI concepts for both prototyping and production use
● Ability to implement responsive and optimized cross-platform user interfaces for the web.
● Solidify our Node.js backend code (Socket.io, TypeScript) and infrastructure (hosted on AWS)
● Expert knowledge and practice with modern UI frameworks, principally in React and Next.js
● Solid understanding of web protocols, especially HTTP and WebSockets
● Setting up and continuously improving CI/CD pipelines with Github Actions and AWS
● Good communication skills in English
● Curiosity and ability to learn new technologies
Nice to have
● Experience in real-time digital signal processing and streaming of live-media. Especially technologies such as WebRTC, the Web Audio API and Media Implementation of Cloud-based APIs using Websockets and Restful services
● Media Source Extensions
● Experience with Max MSP, Rust and/or Flutter
● Familiarity with functional programming concepts, unit, functional, integration testing
● Exposure to DevOps, virtualization and related tools and techniques such as Docker
● Excited by music either as an amateur or a professional.
● Fast-growing high tech company with a great network of investors and partners
● Ability to contribute directly to the future of music
● Flexible career development path within an international and diverse team
● An inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, flexible work time, short lines of communication, flat structures, positive leadership, and great team spirit
● A fun startup work environment in the middle of Berlin, with team gatherings and company parties!
Does this sound like the perfect challenge for you? Please send us your application!
We look forward to welcoming you on-board!